First up, it's super important that you stay connected to WiFi when switching your number to felix and setting it up on an eSIM.
Once you've signed up to felix (see How do I sign up for an eSIM? for help with this!), you can switch your number and activate your eSIM straight away. Your app will guide you through the whole process, but here are the steps:
1. When logged into your felix app, tap Verify Email, access your email app on your phone and follow the prompts
2. Tap Add previous provider info > select pre-paid or post-paid, depending on what your previous plan was;
- Pre-paid > Enter the date of birth of the account holder > Confirm
- Post-paid > Enter the Account ID from your previous provider > Confirm
3. Tap Switch to felix > Start the switch > felix will then send you a text message to your old SIM card with a code to authenticate you > Reply to the text with the code. If you successfully reply to our text, your switching process will start. It usually takes a few minutes but can take up to three business hours. See: How long does it take to switch my number to felix?
We'll let you know when it's done via email and in the app there'll be a tick next to 'Switch my number to felix' on the home page then you're almost finished! At this point, you need to take your previous provider's SIM out (if it was a physical SIM) or turn it 'off' in your phone's settings (if it was an eSIM)
4. Last step! Tap Set up your eSIM from the felix app. This will automatically open the relevant Settings on your phone to download and activate your eSIM. This process should just take a few minutes and will automatically take you back to the felix app when done.
If your eSIM is one of multiple plans you've got on your phone, check out these articles for help!
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback