There are a few different factors that can impact your data speed including your mobile plan type, device capabilities, location and obstructions, network congestion and coverage.
If you’re on either our 25GB or 50GB Mobile Plan and have used your full data allowance and don’t have any data in your data bank, your speed will slow to 1.5Mbps. You can add an extra 10GB of data to your data bank in just a few taps for $10. More on how to add a 10GB data pack here.
Next thing to check is the coverage tracker, to see what your experience should be like at your location.
If all looks good there, you can check the Network Maintenance and Upgrade Tracker to see if there are any planned upgrades happening in your suburb that may be temporarily impacting the speeds you’re getting.
If everything looks OK at your location, you can try the following steps:
- If you have a physical SIM, turn off your phone, take it out and make sure it's clear of dust and sitting in the phone correctly, then pop it back in again & turn your phone on
- Check that your WiFi is switched off
- Check that your hotspot is switched off
- Check that your data is set to come from 4G Auto or similar
- Reset your phone's network settings from the Settings app on your phone.
If all the above still doesn't seem to fix it, you can chat in with the team any day from the felix app.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback