Looking to reduce your data consumption? Here’s a couple of handy tips to reduce data usage:
- Stick to WiFi wherever possible and download content when you’re connected to WiFi instead of streaming while using your mobile data
- Force close any apps that may be running in the background
- Turn off background app refresh if you’re on an iPhone
Go to settings > general > background app refresh > off or toggle the individual apps you don’t want running in the background
- Turn off background app refresh if you’re on an Android
Pull down the notification bar for settings > tap settings button > tap connections > data usage > from the Mobile section tap mobile data usage > choose an app from below the usage graph > tap allow background data usage to turn off.
- Take your GPS maps offline
Did you know? You can download maps before you head off somewhere so you can still find your way even when you’re not connected to WiFi or mobile data.
- Switch off autoplay on video apps such as YouTube
Need more data? Add a 10GB data pack in the app or upgrade your plan to our 50GB Mobile Plan ($30/mth) or Unlimited Mobile Data Plan ($40/mth).
Other helpful resources:
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback